Contract Review Resources
This page is for customers that received an email from Blackbaud regarding the status of their solutions agreement with us. Please review the frequently asked questions and next steps outlined on this page.
Questions Specific to Education Edge™ and/or Student Billing
Questions Specific to Blackbaud Education Edge
I am fine with Blackbaud decommissioning my organization’s Education Edge and/or Student Billing database. Do I need to do anything?
No, we will begin the process of decommissioning within 30 days. No action is needed from your organization to start that process.
What options are available to my organization as it relates to Education Edge and/or Student Billing?
- Option One: If you want to extract critical data, you can follow the steps outlined in the FAQ directly below. Blackbaud Customer Support can help you if you have questions on those steps.
- Option Two: If you want to get into an active contract with Blackbaud to continue using your solution beyond the 30-day timeframe outlined in the email you received, reach out to SalesSupport@blackbaud.com. We ask that you include specific information in that email. We’ve outlined what we need in the FAQ below regarding entering into an agreement with Blackbaud.
How do I extract data from Education Edge/Student Billing?
- If you need help extracting critical data from Education Edge, then follow the steps outlined in the Knowledgebase article here.
- If you need help extracting critical data from Student Billing, then follow the steps in this Knowledgebase.
If you need help with any of the steps outlined in these resources, reach out to Blackbaud Customer Support.
I want to enter into an agreement with Blackbaud to continue using Education Edge and/or Student Billing, who do I talk to about that?
We are happy to get your organization into a signed agreement with Blackbaud to continue using Education Edge and/or Student Billing. Please know, if your organization does not sign the agreement within the 30-day timeframe outlined in the email you received from us, we will automatically begin the decommissioning process and you will no longer have access to Education Edge or the data contained within it. If you want to begin this process, send an email to SalesSupport@blackbaud.com and include the following information:
- The subject line should include your organization’s Site ID followed by “Extended Education Edge Contract Request”. If you don’t know your organization’s Site ID, include the name of your organization in the subject line.
- In the email message, include the date on which Blackbaud can shut down the product. (Note: We suggest December 31, 2021, but the date can be no later than August 31, 2022 as that is the end of support date for Education Edge).
- Also include the name and email address of the person who is authorized to sign contracts on your organization’s behalf. (Note: The order form will be sent by EchoSign, our electronic signature program. If you do not receive a message, be sure to check your email’s Spam folder).
What do I do since Education Edge will no longer be supported after August 31, 2022?
We have several resources to help you through this process. Those resources are outlined in the Knowledgebase article linked here.
What is included in Education Edge?
Depending on how you use Education Edge, the following modules may be contained within Education Edge (in addition to Student Billing):
- Admissions Office
- Registrars Office
General Overview Questions
General Overview Questions
Why are you doing this now?
Over the last 12 months, we have reviewed our policies to be sure we are providing the best-in-class service our customers deserve. Part of this process included a thorough review of the agreements we have with customers to ensure we have a signed agreement for every product a customer uses.
What does it mean to decommission a database?
Decommissioning a database is a multi-step process we take to delete the information contained in your solution. The first step we take in this process is to turn off your access to the database.
We will delete the production database a few weeks later. After the deletion of the production database, backup copies of your data will begin to “age out”. This means they will be deleted because the product database is gone, so there is nothing to back up.
If the particular solution we emailed you about was involved in the security incident, because of regulatory and/or legal inquiries, an additional copy of that backup has been moved to a secure Microsoft Azure storage account that is encrypted. We will retain those copies until we are legally permitted to destroy them.
For Education Edge customers only: If you received an email about decommissioning Education Edge and you use Financial Edge, we will turn off your organization’s access to Education Edge but will not delete that data. If we do that, Financial Edge will not work as intended. Our engineering teams are working on a way to delete Education Edge data without impacting Financial Edge’s functionality. Even though we are not deleting Education Edge data right away, you will not be able to access that information once we turn off access, and we cannot pull the information for you once access is turned off. Separately, if you use Financial Edge and Student Billing, you will notice differences in your Student Billing database once Education Edge is turned off. If you have questions about this, please contact Blackbaud Customer Support.
I have more questions that aren’t answered on this page, who do I reach out to?
Please reach out to your Customer Success Manager.