Use the Manage tab to help you create and manage Events for your volunteers.
A Flexible Opportunity is any type of event that does not have a set schedule, and where the actual volunteer time is arranged independently between volunteers and the organization sponsoring the event. Flexible Opportunities give your volunteers the chance to help out with your company's volunteer effort, no matter how busy your schedule may be.
NOTE: You must be a Group or System Manager to create a Flexible Opportunity.
To post a Flexible Opportunity select the Manage tab > post Flexible Opportunity
NOTE: To create a scheduled event, select the Click here to create a scheduled one-time or recurring event link.
- In the Title field, type a name for the opportunity.
- In the Description
field, use the Content Editor
to create a description of the opportunity.
NOTE:The rich text HTML editor does not allow tables!
- Use the From
and To fields to specify the start
and end dates and times for the opportunity.
- Under the Event Location section, provide the address of the opportunity location.
- Under the Event Details section, describe the opportunity's organizers and the organizations that are associated with the opportunity. Check the box next to one or more volunteer management options:
Pre-Screening: Requires volunteers to be screened prior to participating in the event. If selected, the Pre-Screening Notes box is displayed allowing you to compose any volunteer requirements to address before volunteers sign up.
Validate Hours: Requires that volunteer hours be validated by a Group or Event Manager.
- Manager Email Notifications
On the right side of the Post Flexible Opportunity page is the Event Management box.
This box includes a variety of options allowing you specify the exact type of volunteers you want for the event:
Select the magnifying glass to search for and assign an Event Manager for the opportunity.
- Select Find to search for an affiliate the opportunity with an organization.
- Select the Group Category from the drop-down list and double-click one or more Groups of volunteers that you'd like to have participate in the opportunity.
Selected Groups are displayed in the Selected box.
- Check the box next to each Cause for which the opportunity is designed to support.
- Check the box next to each Skill you want your volunteers to have for the opportunity.
- When you are finished configuring the Flexible Opportunity information, select Publish to make it viewable by other site users.
If your event is not ready to be published, select Save to save the event as Unpublished. An unpublished event is not viewable by other users.
TIP! After you have published your opportunity and are viewing its details page, save this page to your browser's favorites so that it is easier to locate when you need to go back to manage this event.
In addition, you select the View as a volunteer link, copy and save the URL (web address) from your browser, and the send the URL to your volunteers to take them directly to where they sign up for the opportunity.
Select the Manage tab > Validate Hours.
The Validate Hours page displays any pending volunteer hours awaiting your approval.
There are three tabs under validate hours: Pending, Approved or Denied.
Select the tabs to change the view and under the Actions column, select the appropriate choice to approve or deny.
By default, pending approvals are sorted by when they occurred, with the most recent approval requests appearing first. You may sort the list, using most of the table headers:
- Type: Sorts by event type (One Time, Recurring , IVA , or Flexible Opportunity)
- Participant: Sorts alphabetically based on the name of the person requesting hours approval
- Event: Sorts alphabetically by event name
- Date: Sorts by date
- Hours: Sorts by the number of hours requesting approval
- Organizationallows you to see what organization* these hours are associated with
- Actions: Sorts by whether or not hours were Approved -or- Denied.
The Monthly Calendar displays an overview of the current month, making planning and organizing volunteer opportunities even easier.
To access the Monthly Calendar page select the Manage tab > Monthly Calendar
Select the arrows to change the displayed month or year. The single arrow to move by month and the double arrow to move by year.
For any given day that you are scheduled to manage an event, the event's title and the time it is scheduled to start is displayed.
- Select the event's title to view the event's details.