St. Agnes Academy
St. Agnes Academy Improves Communication between Prospects, Students, Alumnae, Parents, and Faculty with help from Blackbaud’s Total School Solutions
St. Agnes Academy, founded in 1906, is a Catholic college preparatory school for young women in grades 9–12, owned and administered by the Dominican Sisters of Houston, Texas. Through its various functions, the school provides opportunities for education and overall personal growth within the context of the Catholic faith. St. Agnes Academy education reflects the balance between achievement and aspiration, grounding students and lifting them toward a common purpose and a shared responsibility.
- St. Agnes Academy needed a technology solution to strengthen its communication not only with students, but also among campus departments, parents, alumnae, and prospects.
- Because all students use laptops, the Academy wanted a way to implement technologies and communicate in new ways through the use of the Internet.
- Gathering accurate contact information, sending timely appeals, managing donations, and enabling online communications were cumbersome tasks for the staff at St. Agnes Academy.
- Academy staff members wanted a solution that would integrate its campus’ various functions and help different departments operate with ease.
- As users of The Raiser’s Edge for constituent relationship management, Target Analytics for prospect research, The Education Edge for student information management, The Financial Edge for accounting and financial reporting, and Faculty Access for the Web for gradebook management since 2005, St. Agnes Academy was confident Blackbaud could provide the best integrated solution.
- Blackbaud® NetCommunity is the latest addition, enabling the Academy to communicate with constituents and connect in new ways via the Internet.
- With Blackbaud NetCommunity, the Academy has seen a dramatic increase in the number of accurate email addresses and, therefore, overall involvement from alumnae.
- Being able to communicate more efficiently has helped the school connect with alumnae and facilitate more interaction among graduates, prospects, and current students.
- Target Analytics has helped St. Agnes Academy identify which parents, alumnae, and other prospects to target.
- Because all solutions integrate, the entire campus operates as one unit, enabling the Academy to communicate in ways it never could before.
- Teachers are able to communicate with students, students are able to communicate with alumnae, and prospects are able to communicate with faculty — with information that is always up to date.