Releases new eBook providing unique perspectives and data to help
readers embrace the trends driving the sector forward
Charleston, S.C. (June 22, 2016) – As the fourth annual installment of its popular npEXPERTS eBook series, Blackbaud (NASDAQ: BLKB), the leading provider of software and services for the global philanthropic community, today announced the availability of npEXPERTS: Philanthropy by the Numbers, bringing together 11 of the brightest minds in philanthropy to reveal the full story behind the stats in nonprofit leadership, analytics, advocacy, mobile and more.
- Discover the story behind the statistics at blackbaud.com/npexperts
In Blackbaud’s latest npEXPERTS eBook, readers learn about what’s happening in the sector today and how these trends are shaping the future, as well as insightful data to boost fundraising and strategic planning.
Key Sector Data Highlights from the eBook:
- Percentage of nonprofit organizations operating without a strategic plan – 49%
- Percentage of constituents’ email addresses that the average nonprofit is missing – 74%
- Number of years that philanthropy in America is behind in terms of its outreach to diverse communities – 25 years
- Retention rate of first-year donors – 29%
- Percentage of all giving that happens in December – 17.4%
- Percentage of fundraisers who raised more than $500 and shared their crowdfundraising page on social media – 74.5%
- Projected number of smartphone users by 2020 – 6.8 billion
“Inside these pages are some of the most noteworthy trends in the sector today. These trends have prominently established their place and are now reshaping the way we not only effectively lead our organizations but also reach our supporters and build the sustainable organizations of the future,” said Ashley Thompson, author of the eBook’s Foreword.
To learn more and download the complimentary eBook, visit www.blackbaud.com/npexperts.
Serving the worldwide philanthropic community for more than 30 years, Blackbaud (NASDAQ: BLKB) combines innovative software and services, and expertise to help organizations achieve their missions. Blackbaud works in over 60 countries to power the passions of more than 30,000 clients, including nonprofits, K-12 private and higher education institutions, healthcare organizations, foundations and other charitable giving entities, and corporations. The company offers a full spectrum of cloud and on-premise solutions, as well as a resource network that empowers and connects organizations of all sizes. Blackbaud’s portfolio of software and services support nonprofit fundraising and relationship management, eMarketing, advocacy, accounting, payments and analytics, as well as grant management, corporate social responsibility, and education. Using Blackbaud technology, these organizations raise, invest, manage and award more than $100 billion each year. Recognized as a top company, Blackbaud is headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina and has operations in the United States, Australia, Canada, Ireland and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.blackbaud.com.