You know how your organization fared in 2013 – but how about the rest of the industry? The Charitable Giving Report reveals year-over-year changes in online and offline giving, by nonprofit size and sub-sector, so you can measure your organization’s performance against other nonprofits.
Download the Report to learn about the below five key observations and much more:
- Overall charitable giving grew 4.9% in 2013, while online giving grew 13.5%.
- Online giving accounted for 6.4% of all charitable giving in 2013.
- Large organizations had the greatest increase in overall charitable giving, while small nonprofits grew their online giving the most.
- International affairs organizations grew the most in overall charitable giving, while faith-based nonprofits had the biggest increase in online giving.
- More than one-third of overall charitable giving happens in the last three months of the year, with the highest percentage coming in December.
The Charitable Giving Report is derived from The Blackbaud Index and includes overall giving data from 4,129 nonprofit organizations, representing $12.5 billion in total fundraising from 2013. The Report also includes online giving data from 3,359 nonprofits, representing $1.7 billion in online fundraising from 2013. It can bring you valuable fundraising insights to help you create a successful 2014.
The Blackbaud Index brings you the most up-to-date information on charitable giving today. Tracking more than $13 billion in U.S.-based charitable giving, the Index is updated on the first of each month and is based on year-over-year percent changes. Featuring overall and online giving, the Index can be viewed by size and subsets of the nonprofit industry. And, with the new Blackbaud Index Calculator, you can compare your fundraising performance against industry benchmarks today! Compare your fundraising performance.
Don't forget to learn more about Blackbaud's fundraising solutions for nonprofits and be sure to check out our latest fundraising ideas.