Sample database access for most instructor-led online events in The Raiser’s Edge, The Financial Edge, and The Education Edge will be provided to attendees during class via a web-accessible remote desktop environment. Please make sure your computer and network firewall meet the minimum system requirements below.
Note: The following classes do NOT require the sample database:
- All Blackbaud NetCommunity classes
- All Blackbaud Sphere classes
- All eTapestry classes
- All Altru classes
- The Raiser's Edge:
- Integrating The Raiser's Edge and The Financial Edge
- Integrating The Education Edge and The Raiser's Edge
- Mail Health: AddressAccelerator and PostalSaver
- Microsoft Outlook Integration in The Raiser's Edge
- The Raiser's Edge Executive Series: Courses I-V
- The Financial Edge:
- Accounts Payable: End of Year
- Beginning Balances in General Ledger
- Cash Management in The Financial Edge
- General Ledger: End of Year
- Introduction to WebInvoicing in The Financial Edge
- Introduction to WebPurchasing in The Financial Edge
- Payroll: End of Year - Preparing for the New Year
- Payroll: End of Year - W2 Preparation and Distribution
- Processing Contracts and Advance Deposits in Student Billing
- Student Billing: End of Year
- System Setup in General Ledger
- The Financial Edge Executive Series: Courses I-V
- The Education Edge:
- Admissions Office Management Series: Courses I-IV
- Registrar's Office Management Series: Courses I-V
Sample Database System Requirements
Please verify that the computer you plan to use for training meets these requirements at least one day before your class’ scheduled start time.
- Open Network Firewall Ports
- Customers using Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later (Vista, 7, 8) and Remote Desktop Client 7.0 and above can connect to our virtual sample database environment using a standard secure firewall port (443). This port is usually open for you if you are able to log in to a secure website from the location and workstation from which you will attend training. An example of a secure website is your online banking system.
- Mac customers and those Windows customers using a version of Windows XP below Service Pack 3 need to ensure they have access to outbound TCP firewall ports in the range (55001-55100). This port range is usually accessible by default for the majority of Blackbaud customers. If you are unsure, ask your office helpdesk or IT staff.
- PC Users
- Mac Users
- Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later
- Follow these instructions to install the Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac:
- Click the Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac link. Note: A new blank browser window opens and the RDC installer file downloads automatically.
- Locate the RDC installer file in your Downloads folder (click the "Show downloads" icon, usually found on your browser toolbar.)
- Double-click the RDC installer to launch it and follow the installation prompts in the wizard.
Optional: Local installation
Blackbaud customers may also use a standalone version of the sample database installed on their local computer, if permitted in their Master Services and Software Agreement with Blackbaud. Log into the standalone sample database using the following credentials:
- User name: Supervisor
- Password: ADMIN for The Raiser's Edge 7.91 and above and for The Financial Edge, The Education Edge, and Blackbaud Student Information System 7.82 and above; admin for lower versions and The Patron Edge
If the standalone sample database has not yet been installed, you may download the sample database from our website. For assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.468.8996, option 3.
- To access standalone sample data for a product, you must also have the corresponding software installed. Select Downloads from the Support menu to download the software.
- Crystal Reports XI is accessible via Blackbaud’s remote desktop sample database environment during all Crystal Reports classes. If you would like to use Crystal Reports on your local computer, you will also need to request a Crystal Reports installation CD and install Crystal Reports.