Spring Quarterly Update
Blackbaud Church Management
First and foremost, we want to start our quarterly update by extending our thoughts and prayers to your congregations, communities, and families. We are thankful to work with churches like yours who are continuing to show up as the heart of their communities. Churches that are moving gatherings online and continuing to have church, despite uncertain circumstances in the world around us.
As your technology partner, we hope to be a resource to you in any way that we can. We encourage you to keep up to date with the Coronavirus-specific resources available on our Faith Hub, and of course reach out to your Blackbaud team with any questions.
That being said, our Church Management team is still here for you! We are still listening to customer feedback, innovating quickly, and delivering new enhancements to Church Management every week. Now more than ever, it’s important that we do everything we can to deliver updates in Blackbaud Church Management that support your work.
We’ve built several exciting updates this quarter, and there’s more goodness coming soon. Here’s a recap of some of the highlights:
- Fast Family Entry: When a new family with multiple children shows up on Sunday morning, we know how important it is to be able to quickly and easily capture their information and link them together as a family unit in the system. From a staffed kiosk, volunteers can select “Add a Family” to quickly enter information for parents, children, grandparents, and any other relatives or friends that should be linked to that family unit. This functionality is also available from the Directory under Constituents.
- Small Group Attendance in MobileMission: Small group leaders can now manage attendance for their groups in the app! From MobileMission, small group leaders can:
- Access a list of their small groups with key information about each group.
- View a group’s participants and details about upcoming and past meetings.
- Send an email or text to the whole group or selected participants.
- Easily take attendance after meetings.
- Receive push notification reminders to take attendance.
- Volunteer Enhancements: Volunteers are a huge part of making things run smoothly, which is why we made several improvements to the Volunteer functionality and workflows in Church Management this quarter. First, we added the ability to filter a list of available volunteers by position and team. Sometimes, an entire volunteer opportunity series may no longer be relevant. You now can cancel a volunteer opportunity series, rather than an individual volunteer opportunity. Or, when you no longer need volunteers to meet a certain requirement, such as training, you can easily remove the requirement. And finally, if an inactive volunteer rejoins a team, you can now simply restore them to their former team.
- Attendance tracking: To help churches identify attendance trends, users can now view headcount averages and trends during a selected time period as part of the congregation summary. This allows you to compare information to identify new trends and quickly gauge which services and events were most well-attended.
- Auto-add to Workflows: Do you ever wish you could set up an automatic workflow to follow up with new donors, new visitors, or another group? Now, you can! Set rules to auto-add a group to a specific workflow, such as first-time givers or first-time visitors.
This is just a sampling of some of the great new enhancements and features that we’ve released this quarter. We hope you’ll subscribe to our Church Management software news to stay up to date on new features and updates. And if you’re already a Church Management customer, you can also keep up to date in the Church Management Community.
And of course, be sure to bookmark this page! We’ll post software news, updates, and videos, so you’ll be the first to know the latest.
Thanks for being a part of the Blackbaud Church Management community. Stay healthy and safe over the coming weeks, and we look forward to our next update.
-- The Blackbaud Faith Solutions Team
Posted by Chelsea Edwards / Blackbaud Church Management on March 31 at 9:46 am.