Blackbaud is honored to be recognized on Built In’s list of 100 Best Places To Work in Austin 2021. Built In determines winners for Best Places to Work based on an algorithm that uses company data about compensation, benefits and cultural programs. To reflect the attributes candidates are searching for on Built In today, this year’s program weighted criteria more heavily, like remote opportunities and programs for diversity, equity and inclusion.
“These companies raise the bar for cultural excellence and the ability to adapt to meet changing needs of employees," says Sheridan Orr, Chief Marketing Officer, Built In. “The 2021 winners show a commitment not just to creating meaningful cultures but to delivering talent needs as they change in a dynamic landscape. We’re thrilled to extend our congratulations to the winners.”
“Blackbaud is proud to be represented on Built In’s list of Best Places to Work in Austin for the third consecutive year,” said Kyle Crager, deputy head of Human Resources, Blackbaud. “Our mission is to help good take over, and we are continually looking for top talent to help us power social good and make a difference in our communities.”
Over the past year, highlights of Blackbaud’s workplace culture and commitments include:
- Appointing our first Diversity and Inclusion Officer, Michael Moore, to lead our diversity and inclusion efforts globally
- Launching a Global Diversity Council to aggregate insight and feedback from employees around the company to guide future diversity and inclusion programs
- Growing our employee-led business networking groups, including Women in Tech, Black Employees Encouraging Diversity (BLEND), PRIDE, Hispanic Organization for Learning & Advancement (H.O.L.A.), Veterans for Global Good and more
- Rolling out new virtual volunteering programs to continue enabling employees to give back while staying safe, including an Austin-based virtual volunteering week where employees and their families participated in over 99 hours of activities benefitting the community.
- Developing the Blackbaud After School Program, which enabled employees to volunteer to help their coworkers in the remote world of COVID-19 by providing virtual entertainment for Blackbaud families, allowing working caregivers time to step away and focus on other tasks.