Thirteen experts from around the nonprofit sector share strategies
for boosting donor engagement, loyalty and retention
Charleston, S.C. (January 15, 2014) — Blackbaud (NASDAQ: BLKB) today released npEXPERTS: Show the Love, a complimentary eBook featuring insight from 13 leading fundraising professionals on ways nonprofits can engage with their supporters to improve donor retention.
Read the eBook: www.blackbaud.com/npexperts
“Retaining donors is the single most important thing a nonprofit can do to ensure its impact is felt for generations to come,” said Frank Barry, Blackbaud’s director of digital marketing, who contributed the foreword for the book. “In this edition of npEXPERTS, we’ve brought together 13 nonprofit experts to share their knowledge on keeping donors coming back year-after-year.”
According to research conducted by Chuck Longfield, Blackbaud’s chief scientist, nearly three out of four newly acquired donors leave within the first year, and the cost of acquiring a new donor is six to seven times more than it is to retain an existing donor.
npEXPERTS: Show the Love, the second in the npEXPERTS series, features guidance on leveraging email and social media; how to mobilize board members; tips for enhancing monthly giving programs and more. The authors have covered the most relevant topics for humanizing the donor experience, boosting retention rates and improving lifetime value.
Chapters in the eBook include:
- The Case for Donor Retention: Why Retaining Donors is the Single Most Important Piece of Your Long-Term Fundraising Strategy by Roger Craver, The Agitator
- Beat the Statistics by Falling in Love with Your Donors by Pamela Grow, GrowConsultingPA
- The Perfect Donor Retention Plan Starts with a Simple Calendar by Mazarine Treyz, Wild Woman Fundraising
- The Welcome Series: How to Bring Your New Donors Onboard the Right Way by Lisa Sargent, Lisa Sargent Communications
- It’s All About the Stories You Tell by Vanessa Chase, Vanessa Chase & Co
- Five Steps to Newsletters that Keep Your Donors Close by Nancy Schwartz, Getting Attention
- Why Perfect Thank Yous Will Make or Break You by Claire Axelrad, Clairification
- Write On: Why Handwritten Notes Matter by Shanon Doolittle, Doogooder
- Engaging Your Board Members in the Retention Process by Simone P. Joyaux, Joyaux Associates
- Using Your Annual Report to Boost Donor Retention by Marc Koenig, Firespring
- Using Social Media to Keep Donors by Marc A. Pitman, The Fundraising Coach
- Branding by Raheel Gauba, Blackbaud
- Bring Them in for the Long Haul: Monthly Giving by Harvey McKinnon, Harvey McKinnon Associates
In addition, beginning in March authors of the eBook will participate in a free web seminar series focused on sharing best practices for boosting donor engagement, loyalty and retention.
Read the free eBook today at www.blackbaud.com/npexperts.
Serving the nonprofit and education sectors for 30 years, Blackbaud (NASDAQ: BLKB) combines technology and expertise to help organizations achieve their missions. Blackbaud works with more than 29,000 customers in over 60 countries that support higher education, healthcare, human services, arts and culture, faith, the environment, independent K-12 education, animal welfare and other charitable causes. The company offers a full spectrum of cloud-based and on-premise software solutions and related services for organizations of all sizes including: fundraising, eMarketing, advocacy, constituent relationship management (CRM), financial management, payment services, analytics and vertical-specific solutions. Using Blackbaud technology, these organizations raise more than $100 billion each year. Recognized as a top company by Forbes, InformationWeek, and Software Magazine and honored by Best Places to Work, Blackbaud is headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina and has operations in the United States, Australia, Canada, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.blackbaud.com.
Except for historical information, all of the statements, expectations, and assumptions contained in this news release are forward-looking statements that involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Although Blackbaud attempts to be accurate in making these forward-looking statements, it is possible that future circumstances might differ from the assumptions on which such statements are based. In addition, other important factors that could cause results to differ materially include the following: general economic risks; uncertainty regarding increased business and renewals from existing customers; continued success in sales growth; management of integration of acquired companies and other risks associated with acquisitions; risks associated with successful implementation of multiple integrated software products; the ability to attract and retain key personnel; risks related to our dividend policy and share repurchase program, including potential limitations on our ability to grow and the possibility that we might discontinue payment of dividends; risks relating to restrictions imposed by the credit facility; risks associated with management of growth; lengthy sales and implementation cycles, particularly in larger organization; technological changes that make our products and services less competitive; and the other risk factors set forth from time to time in the SEC filings for Blackbaud, copies of which are available free of charge at the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov or upon request from Blackbaud’s investor relations department. All Blackbaud product names appearing herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blackbaud, Inc.