Blackbaud Fund Honors 2023 Grantees Advancing Youth Empowerment and Education in Coastal South Carolina
Legacy Fund’s Lifetime Contribution Surpasses $1 Million Supporting 115 Nonprofit Organizations Serving Charleston, Berkeley and Dorchester Counties
Charleston, S.C. (June 14, 2023) — Blackbaud (NASDAQ: BLKB), the leading provider of software for powering social impact, is honored to announce the recipients of its 2023 Blackbaud Fund grant program. This year, the Fund will award nearly $70,000 in grants to 10 coastal South Carolina nonprofit organizations that serve youth with disabilities and champion educational opportunities for underserved, disadvantaged and/or minority children – raising the Fund’s total lifetime contributions to over $1 million.
Established at Coastal Community Foundation (CCF) in Charleston, S.C., the Blackbaud Fund reflects the company’s commitment to driving meaningful impact through corporate philanthropy and employee-driven initiatives. The Fund’s annually rotating grant committee is comprised of Blackbaud employees in the Charleston area. The committee reviews applications, conducts site visits and develops funding recommendations, working under the guidance of CCF and the Blackbaud Fund leaders.
In the two decades since the Blackbaud Fund’s inception, the committee has awarded over $1 million to 115 nonprofit grant recipients across Charleston, Berkeley and Dorchester counties.
“We’re proud to shine a light on the incredible work of our 2023 grantees dedicated to youth empowerment and education,” said Margaret “Maggie” Driscoll, chief people and culture officer, Blackbaud. “Our employee committee was energized and inspired by the significant impact generated by each of these worthy organizations. From learning enrichment and mental health support for vulnerable students to critical need services for children with physical and intellectual disabilities, this year’s recipients further demonstrate how the Blackbaud Fund has continuously evolved to meet the needs of the diverse community it serves.”
2023 Blackbaud Fund Grantees:
- Communities in Schools of South Carolina® – implementing whole-school supports and case management services through one to one and small group counseling to students who struggle with access and face barriers related to poverty.
- Teachers’ Supply Closet – providing free classroom supplies for teachers in Title I schools across Charleston, Berkeley and Dorchester counties.
- Carolina Youth Development Center – offering learning and enrichment through the 2023 Freedom School program’s summer curriculum that supports children and families.
- Charleston Hope – expanding the Step-In Girls after-school empowerment programming with focus on mentorship, mental health sessions, service projects and leadership.
- Heart Math Tutoring – providing individual tutoring twice weekly for 135+ Charleston students across three under-resourced elementary schools during the 2023/24 school year.
- Camp Rise Above – creating “Camperships” to adaptive overnight camp experiences for children and young adults with special medical needs and life-threatening conditions.
- South Carolina Aquarium – delivering a science education program providing a no cost, on-site or virtual, interactive learning experience for 6,000 students at all grade levels.
- Kids on Point – engaging high school students in a free, weeklong immersive education experience in civil rights history and democracy through the Charleston Civil Rights and Civics (C3) program.
- Holy City Wellbeing Mental Wellness Training Group – empowering underserved, primarily minority youth through Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) training. Evidence-Based trauma informed care training designed to decrease stress, anxiety and burn out by providing Mental Wellness Tools.
- SOS Care – enabling the critical expansion of clinic operations and facilities to offer more direct therapy and services to children and youth with autism and intellectual disabilities.
“We are so grateful for this generous donation that will allow countless children with special medical needs and life-threatening conditions to experience the magic of camp,” said Erin Ulmer, executive director of Camp Rise Above. “More than fun and adventure, Camp Rise Above creates a sense of true belonging for our campers. The Blackbaud Fund grant will significantly broaden our impact by covering the cost for families to send their child to overnight summer camps, where they have the chance to just be a kid surrounded by others just like them.”
“It’s an honor to play a small role in the efforts and achievements of the 115 nonprofit organizations transforming lives and communities through the Blackbaud Fund,” Driscoll continued. “Blackbaud is deeply invested in fueling social impact, and we’re proud to celebrate over $1 million steered directly through our employees to support causes they are passionate about. Additionally, we are proud to support many more organizations globally through our Community Matters and Reward Your Passion grants programs.”
For more information about The Blackbaud Fund at Coastal Community Foundation (CCF), including eligibility criteria and application deadlines, please click here.
Blackbaud (NASDAQ: BLKB) is the leading software provider exclusively dedicated to powering social impact. Serving the nonprofit and education sectors, companies committed to social responsibility and individual change makers, Blackbaud’s essential software is built to accelerate impact in fundraising, nonprofit financial management, digital giving, grantmaking, corporate social responsibility and education management. With millions of users and over $100 billion raised, granted or managed through Blackbaud platforms every year, Blackbaud’s solutions are unleashing the potential of the people and organizations who change the world. Blackbaud has been named to Newsweek’s list of America’s Most Responsible Companies, Quartz’s list of Best Companies for Remote Workers, and Forbes’ list of America’s Best Employers. A remote-first company, Blackbaud has operations in the United States, Australia, Canada, Costa Rica and the United Kingdom, supporting users in 100+ countries. Learn more at www.blackbaud.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook.
Except for historical information, all of the statements, expectations, and assumptions contained in this news release are forward-looking statements that involve a number of risks and uncertainties, including statements regarding expected benefits of products and product features. Although Blackbaud attempts to be accurate in making these forward-looking statements, it is possible that future circumstances might differ from the assumptions on which such statements are based. In addition, other important factors that could cause results to differ materially include the following: general economic risks; uncertainty regarding increased business and renewals from existing customers; continued success in sales growth; management of integration of acquired companies and other risks associated with acquisitions; risks associated with successful implementation of multiple integrated software products; the ability to attract and retain key personnel; risks associated with management of growth; lengthy sales and implementation cycles, particularly in larger organization; technological changes that make our products and services less competitive; and the other risk factors set forth from time to time in the SEC filings for Blackbaud, copies of which are available free of charge at the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov or upon request from Blackbaud’s investor relations department. All Blackbaud product names appearing herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blackbaud, Inc.