Working Capital and Expense Management
Effectively manage cash flow and employee expenses
Working Capital Management
With an in-depth view of your working capital, you can ensure that your organization has the necessary funds to meet operational expenses. Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT delivers robust features so your organization can better manage cash flow, while improving liquidity and your ability to manage short-term costs without overspending.
Make your entire accounts payable process—from purchase orders to bank reconciliation—more efficient than ever before. Accounts Payable makes paying bills easier and gives you the ability to meet changing payee requirements, maintain sound controls, and conduct analysis to properly manage your vendor relationships and liquidity.
- Make payments any way you want—whether by check, bank draft, direct disbursement, credit card, or electronic funds transfer (EFT)
- Manage approvals and track the order process from the initial requisition through accounts payable invoice generation
Accounts Receivable provides the ability to establish default payment responsibility for each client record, enabling you to bill a third party for all or a portion of a client’s charges and services rendered. You can even apply one payment—whether cash, check, or credit card—to multiple client accounts. By separately tracking individual clients, organizations, and funding sources, you can also tailor statement cycles to each client.
- Set up automatic application of payments from multiple funding sources to invoices
- Make effective decisions with access to real-time information, track sales and services trends, and instantly view account balances and credit availability
Manage multiple bank accounts and credit cards with advanced features to easily adjust payments, monitor account activity, and reconcile accounts. For each account, you can view a list of all deposits and disbursements, further drilling down to view additional details.
- Automate your reconciliation process with Bank Feeds, improving your time to close and ensuring that you start balanced and stay balanced
- Handle the small cash details that can clutter a ledger, such as postage meter money and vending machine revenue
Purchasing and Expense Management
Obtain an unprecedented view into how money is being spent within your organization by automating your purchasing and employee expense processes. Ensure that your organization’s spending policies are applied and enforced via online workflows that integrate with your accounting ledgers. In addition to giving you a holistic view of organizational spending, Expense Management allows you to control decentralized spending, reduce administration time, and automate reconciliation processes.
- Track your entire order process, from creating unique business rules to entering purchase orders and generating invoices
- Prevent out-of-policy spending by establishing control settings, such as defining user rights, creating approval controls, and setting spending limits
- Save time with an automated approval system based on your organization’s policies