About the Program
The program combines a startup accelerator program—accessible from wherever your team is located—along with a team inside Blackbaud to help you get the most out of the program with technical, marketing, and strategic support. We seek early-stage software companies that:
- Have at least one paying customer
- Have a product that extends or complements Blackbaud’s vertical solutions
- Have an existing customer base in a vertical market Blackbaud serves
In addition to giving tech startups a platform to deliver bold, innovative solutions that empower social good organizations, this tech accelerator is offering an impressive lineup of benefits, including:
- Access to the Blackbaud SKY® Developer platform featuring a (shared) test environment for building integrations
- A private support channel and a dedicated Blackbaud engineer to help set you up for success with your integrations
- Ability to reach thousands of Blackbaud customers by:
- Making your software accessible in-product via the Blackbaud Marketplace™
- Add-ins that show your product data/features “natively” in Blackbaud SKY® products
- Become a Blackbaud ISV Partner (one year free), including:
- A company description on Blackbaud.com in the partner directory
- Access to exclusive Blackbaud Partner events and content
- Invitations to bbcon® and other customer events orchestrated by Blackbaud Marketing
- A “demo day” to pitch your product to Blackbaud vertical sales and product leaders
- The opportunity to leverage Blackbaud marketing channels (sgENGAGE® blog and podcast; True North Speaker Series, and internal exposure to all global Blackbaud employees)*
- Consideration for a grant up to $5,000 (no strings attached, no equity dilution) from Blackbaud’s startup fund
- One-year scholarship to One Million by One Million Premium, which includes access to weekly mentoring and an online curriculum to help accelerate the business-building progress of entrepreneurs. The One Million by One Million Premium Program also offers access to a vast network of potential customers, channel partners, investors, media, analysts, and advisors
* At the discretion of Blackbaud Marketing
Applying for the Program
As part of our commitment to diversity, we are focusing our January 2021 cohort on Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) founders—whose startups today receive disproportionately little funding despite outperforming their peers.
What is the application deadline?
Startups can submit applications between October 6–December 15, 2020.
When will startups be notified of acceptance?
Startups will be notified prior to the public announcement in January, 2021.
How many startups are being considered?
Eight to 10 tech startups will be considered for the first 2021 cohort.
For questions about the Blackbaud Social Good Startup Program, please contact email@example.com.
Read up on the 2020 Blackbaud Social Good Startup cohort winners.Learn more here
Watch our 2020 founders share their experiences in the Blackbaud Social Good Startup Program.Watch video here
The Blackbaud Social Good Startup Program is honored to partner with Opportunity Hub to foster a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive Ecosystem of Good®Learn More
Tune in to the sgENGAGE® podcast to hear our Senior Director of Platform Product Management, Roz Lemieux, and Vice President of Corporate Citizenship, Rachel Hutchisson, discuss Blackbaud’s focus on startups with diverse founders.Listen Now