Blackbaud Website Package
The following section describes the various assumptions around content optimization/migration delivered by Blackbaud, Inc. as included in a Professional Services Scope of Work.
Content Optimization/Migration Image Specifications and Requirements
- File size cannot be more than 2MB – We can increase this a little bit if you happen to have big PDF’s for example
- Image format accepted: jpg, jpeg, png – ideally optimized for web
- Images and documents naming convention: names with a space is not acceptable (i.e.: slider image1.jpg) – Always have an underscore or hyphen in place of a space (i.e.: slider_image1.jpg)
- Images for sliders need to be a minimum of 1400px in width and 600px in height.
- If files or images provided are not optimized for the web, more time will be required to migrate the content which may lead to a fewer number of total pages migrated.
- Textual content must be supplied as either:
- A MicroSoft Word Document
- A plain text (.txt) file
- A link to an existing live Website where text can be selected and copied
- A PDF file where text can be selected and copied
- A blog post or event count as one page
- A page with a form does not fall in the scope of content optimization/migration (unless it is an embedded form)
- A calendar can be set up as part of content optimization/migration but events will have to be added by client
- No more than 5 images per page
- Link destinations must be provided with each page
- Sidebar content must be clearly specified for each page
- Migrated content will be in line with the branding of your organization (fonts, colors, etc.)
- Does not include optimization/migration of product information within eCommerce solutions
- Image maps (for example, an image with different clickable areas) would be migrated over “as is”. The branding on the website may not match the style of the image maps being migrated over. Please note, clickable areas on image maps may not behave as envisioned on mobile devices. Customization or coding related to the clickable areas is not included within content optimization/migration. For mobile devices, we strongly recommend a text-based alternative option.
Additional Content Optimization/Migration
When content optimization/migration services are engaged as either:
- A Time and Materials contract
- A Post Implementation Service option
- A Retained Service option
- A Retainer Contract
- An Ongoing Services Contract
...estimates are approximately based on a rate of 2 pages per hour. Since not all pages are equal in length and complexity, this rate may change once the content has been provided. Estimates given are based on time and NOT based on the number of pages created. Revisions may be made on the content that has been migrated however, this will be deducted from the hours in the contract. Manually writing content based on text that isn’t able to be selected and copied is considered out-of-scope and will require a change order.
Blackbaud, Inc. will not guarantee the ADA compliance of your site. The Blackbaud Website Package will be configured by Blackbaud with certain accessibility features that enforce ADA best practices when creating most content. However, if true ADA compliance is desired, an ADA audit should be completed by a 3rd party and delivered to Blackbaud to identify any additional items that need to be addressed. These items can then be addressed via scoped Times and Materials hours.
Since your organization is responsible for providing content, please use this checklist for content creation: http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/web-designer/creating-an-ada-compliant-website/
- Every image, video file, audio file, plug-in, etc. has an alt tag
- Complex graphics are accompanied by detailed text descriptions
- The alt descriptions describe the purpose of the objects
- If an image is also used as a link, make sure the alt tag describes the graphic and the link destination
- Decorative graphics with no other function have empty alt descriptions (alt= “”)
- Add captions to videos
- Add audio descriptions
- Create text transcript
- Create a link to the video rather than embedding it into web pages
- Add a link to the media player download
- Add an additional link to the text transcript
- The page should provide alternative links to the Image Map
- The <area> tags must contain an alt attribute
- Data tables have the column and row headers appropriately identified (using the <th> tag)
- Tables used strictly for layout purposes do NOT have header rows or columns
- Table cells are associated with the appropriate headers (e.g. with the id, headers, scope and/or axis HTML attributes)
- Make sure the page does not contain repeatedly flashing images
- Check to make sure the page does not contain a strobe effect
- A link is provided to a disability-accessible page where the plug-in can be downloaded
- All Java applets, scripts and plug-ins (including Acrobat PDF files and PowerPoint files, etc.) and the content within them are accessible to assistive technologies, or else an alternative means of accessing equivalent content is provided
- When form controls are text input fields use the LABEL element
- When text is not available use the title attribute
- Include any special instructions within field labels
- Make sure that form fields are in a logical tab order
- Include a ‘Skip Navigation’ button to help those using text readers
Each Blackbaud Website Package site Blackbaud develops will be subjected to Quality Assurance. Our Quality Assurance Team will subject your site to a variety of tests to ensure the delivered site will function appropriately across all major browsers, will respond to a variety of screen sizes, and does not have any internal functional conflicts.
Post Implementation Services
Post Implementation Services (formally "Retained Services") are available for the Essentials and Professional Packages.
- For the Essentials package, you may select one (1) of the Post Implementation Services listed here.
- The Professional package includes two (2) of the Post Implementation Services to choose from listed here.
Important: When contacting Blackbaud via any of the below channels:
- Blackbaud Website Package:Post Implementation Services
- Blackbaud Website Package:Retained Services
- Blackbaud Website Package:Retainers
- Wordpress Ongoing Services (OGS)
- Blackbaud Support
We are unable to accommodate requests for any of the following:
- Site redesign
- Installation of third party code or plugins (see plugin policy)
- Microsite/multisite creation
- Edits or updates to other Blackbaud Products (Luminate, NetCommunity, Sphere, eTapestry, Altru) outside of the Blackbaud Website Package
- Changes the core files of the Blackbaud Website Package
- Additional functionality